NYTD stands for “National Youth in Transition Database.” It’s a national survey to see how young people are doing as they transition out of the foster care system, and we need your help to make it work. Foster care youth will be contacted to complete the survey within 45 days after their 17 1 birthday. Youth who complete the NYTD survey at 17 will be asked to complete the survey at their 19th and 21st birthdays.
The Federal Chafee Foster Care Independent Program legislation includes language requiring each state to track and report services and outcomes for foster teens and young adults. By participating in the NYTD Survey we are learning:
- Which services are beneficial to youth as they transition out of foster care
- How are youth really doing once they are out of foster care
- Once you connect with an ILP Coordinators you will have access to valuable resources
(Community referrals to jobs, housing, medical, resource fairs, and more)
- You hold the answers NYTD needs! Your story can help improve the foster care system for thousands of young people.
- Your information will be kept private and safe. It is an opportunity to have your voice count by providing feedback.
- By participating, you are ensuring that ILP services for new foster youth will be available for years to come
- Participants who complete the survey at age 17 will be given a $50 incentive.
- Participants who complete the survey at age 19 will be given a $75 incentive.
- Participants who complete the survey at age 21will be given a $100 incentive.
Have NYTD Questions? Want to take the NYTD Survey?
Want to update your NYTD contact information?